The 1010 Challenge concept is simple…
Take (or receive) a tenner. Use who you are to multiply this by 10, making £100 to change young lives in Africa.
HOPEHIV’s story began with the 1010 challenge and is built on entrepreneurship. Our Founders, Phil and Wendy Wall, challenged thousands of people to use their talents, skills, passions, networks and resources to multiply the tenner they were given. In turn, the money raised has continued to enable the young people we work with in Africa to discover and nurture their own entrepreneurial skills, providing for themselves and their families into the future.
And now we invite you to take on this challenge – with your school, church, company or individually. How will you use who you are to make a difference?
I’ve accepted the challenge. What now?
Before you start, ask yourself…
1. What’s the Big Idea (product/service and how it will make money)? How can you refine it?
2. Who will help you and have they agreed to do so? Do you need anyone’s permission before you proceed?
3. How will you advertise and motivate people to buy from you?
4. What risks are there and how will you mitigate them?
5. How much will it cost? If more than £10, will you reinvest profit from the first £10 or use your own money?
HOW DO I GET THE MONEY BACK TO HOPEHIV?
Not sure what to do with the fruits of your 1010 Challenge? Please send your money through to us via our online donation page, by cheque made out to ‘HOPEHIV’ or by using our gift form - cash has a tendency to go missing in the post. Do make it clear who the money is from so that we can thank you!
LET’S KEEP IN TOUCH
For regular updates on how your support is helping to make a huge difference to the lives of so many children and young people in Africa, please sign up for our enews on our website. We’d love to keep in touch.
The 1010 Challenge for Companies
Amazing things happen when companies take on The 1010 Challenge. Read about the way in which two very different companies responded to this challenge, how they impacted many young lives as a result and what they learned along the way.
- QlikTech - A dynamic, global business intelligence software company who raised £100,000 for our work through the 1010 challenge.
- Red Door Communications – A small, entrepreneurial pharmaceutical PR company who raised £4,000 for our work through the 1010 challenge.
For more information and ideas on setting the 1010 challenge to your company, contact email@example.com.
STUCK FOR IDEAS?
TOOLS TO HELP